West Indies“Sophisticated in everything, Jason Holderprovided insight into his decision to withdraw from the two-match Test series during the tour of the West Indies Australia.
West Indies Test Squad
Seven uncapped players find a place in the 15-member West Indies squad for the upcoming two-Test series in Australia. Pregnant and Kyle Myers He will miss the touring party The West Indies’ tour of Australia is scheduled to begin with the opening Test in Adelaide on January 17, followed by a pink-ball match at the Gabba in Brisbane from January 25.
Jason Holder explains the decision to withdraw from the Australia series
Now in a chat with ESPNcricinfo, Holder has confirmed that Test cricket remains among his top priorities, even though he has opted out of red-ball matches in Australia.
“This is in no way me turning my back on Test cricket. It’s not curtains for me on Test cricket by any means. It’s the first time I’ve been through something like this and I felt it was necessary to be as honest and open with CWI as possible. It’s been a difficult decision Extremely: I feel as though this is the right decision for me in cricket at this time. Holder said.
Strategic approach to the T20 World Cup
However, the Bridgetown cricketer believes it is in his best interest to focus on playing as much T20 cricket as possible in preparation for the upcoming World Cup next year. Holder also made it clear that he wants to make sure he gives himself the best chance of being part of the 2024 T20 World Cup.
It was a difficult task. But as much as I love Test cricket, I want to give myself the best chance of playing in that World Cup. I felt it might have been better to prioritize and focus on playing as much T20 cricket before then as possible. Maybe I’ll sleep a little better knowing I gave myself the best chance to do this. Added round seam bowling.
Also Read: ‘He was our first priority’: Delhi Capitals coach Ricky Ponting reveals his thoughts on IPL 2024 auction selections
World Cup ambitions
Holder expressed his eagerness to play the World Cup on home soil, highlighting his strong desire to contribute to the West Indies’ chances of winning the T20 World Cup and make it a special experience for their ardent fans.
“I’ve never played in a home World Cup: I really want to be part of it because I love playing in front of fans in the Caribbean. I think we have a really good chance of lifting the cup… The cricket we’ve played in the last two months gives us real encouragement so we can Of going out there and doing something special. Why wouldn’t I want to give myself the best chance to be a part of it? The 32-year-old concluded.