“It's a very long gymnastics day, and I always have to take a nap in between.”

featured image

Sunny Lee, the all-around Olympic champion, has to put herself through massive and rigorous training sessions every day to perform at her best. She recently spoke about what a typical day entails as one of the best gymnasts in the world, and how she finds the motivation to push her limits in every training session.

Lee, the 10th most decorated American female athlete, first rose to fame on the international circuit in 2019. In the same year she made her debut at the elite level, the 20-year-old captured three world championship medals. . She won a gold medal in the team competition, a silver in the floor exercise, and a bronze in the uneven bars.

Speaking to NBC’s On Her Turf (in an expired Instagram story), Sunny Lee described what her day looks like to enable her to compete at the levels she does.

“I would say a typical day is usually eight to 11:30, and then we usually go from four to eight, so it’s a pretty long day of gymnastics. I always have to take my nap in between.”

To stay motivated during many hours of grueling training, she mentioned to me that she only thinks about “why.”

“To stay motivated, I would say I really think about why and do it for myself and for my family.”

Screenshot via Team USA's Instagram Story

Quick links

More from Sportskeeda


Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form