“I have this amazing smile but I want it to be more perfect.”

featured image

Olympic medalist Jordan Chiles has never been shy about talking about body inclusivity and self-esteem. In an interview, she spoke about the importance of self-love, and expressed her admiration for her smile, which she recently enhanced through braces.

Although Chiles now advocates self-acceptance, she has been the subject of body criticism. In 2021, she spoke openly about facing body shaming from her coach to the point where she considered quitting the sport.

In her recent interview with Interested in tradeThe 22-year-old admitted that as a child she struggled with self-doubt about her teeth. The gymnast’s dissatisfaction with her smile continued until she entered adulthood.

The Olympian, who had braces as a teenager, has committed herself to a journey to embrace her smile. Being a gymnast, Chiles always finds herself in the public eye. Desiring to enhance the beauty of her smile, she recently decided to resort to orthodontics.

“I love being in front of the camera all the time, especially knowing that with my sport, we’re always taking pictures and doing interviews and I just wanted my smile to be a little better so I could enjoy being out there.” She said.

“I wanted to do this for myself. I know, yes, I’m beautiful, yes, I have this amazing smile. But I want it to be more perfect so I can show people, ‘No, you didn’t tell me’ to do this. I told myself to do this.” .


Jordan Chiles led Team USA as flag bearer during the 2023 Pan American Games

Jordan Chiles enters the arena ahead of the FINA women's team at the 2022 FIG Artistic Gymnastics World Championships in Liverpool, England

Quick links

More from Sportskeeda


Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form