“This is my sixth national championship title”: Gymnast Dipa Karmakar

featured image

Archive photo of Deepa Karmakar© Agence France-Presse

After bagging first place in the Senior National All-Around Championships in Bhubaneswar, accomplished gymnast Dipa Karmakar on Thursday said this is her sixth national title. While speaking to ANI, Deepa emphasized that this was her first time participating in a national tournament after 2014. She thanked her coach for his constant support during her comeback. She sent her best wishes to the other gymnasts participating in the National Championships. Olympian Dipa Karmakar stole the show on day two of the 2024 National Senior Artistic Gymnastics Championships on Wednesday as she topped the all-around performance with a total of 49.55 points.

“I participated in this competition for exposure and yesterday I was declared national champion in the senior category. This is my sixth national championship title. After 2014, I participated in it this time. I would like to thank my coach for supporting me… I want to extend my best wishes For those who participated…” Deepa told ANI.

Deepa Tripura scored a total of 49.55. She scored 13.40 on the Vault, 10.65 on the Uneven Bars, 13.10 on the Balance Beam and 12.40 on the floor exercise.

(This story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

Topics mentioned in this article

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form