Olympic champion Jade Curry expects a "different and challenging" 2024 season.

featured image

Olympic gold medalist in artistic gymnastics Jade Curry Don’t be afraid to do things her own way.

The floor exercise champion’s career has been unconventional. Since she was spotted at a level 10 event months before she won her first world medals in 2017 World Artistic Gymnastics Championships To secure her ticket to Tokyo 2020 Games, Carey has blazed her own path in the sport.

Now, with Olympic Games 2024 In fast-approaching Paris, she will travel through uncharted territory once again, hoping to become the first active NCAA gymnast to make the USA Gymnastics Team for the Olympic Games.

“My passion has always been to represent the United States and the United States [Oregon State] “Beavs,” Curry wrote in a social media post in May. “However, I am happy to announce that I will remain at Oregon State as I pursue my 2024 Olympic dreams.”

Curry and his Olympic teammates in Tokyo Jordan Chiles, Sunisa Lee And Grace McCallum He went from Olympic glory to NCAA gymnastics in quick succession.

Chiles and Lee, like Curry, are targeting a second trip to the Games, but have moved away from their universities and returned to their club gyms to focus on Paris 2024. McCallum has not declared his desire to return to elite competition.

Going against the grain, Carey announced that she would balance NCAA gymnastics with the demands of Olympic training at the elite level simultaneously.

“It will definitely be different and difficult,” Carey told Olympics.com over the summer, noting that she expects to compete in limited action for Oregon State — a big departure from the 2022 and 2023 seasons in which she was one of the top players in the NCAA. – About gymnasts.

“At one of the meets, I didn’t do my routine from last year because I had a dual meet on the weekend, and I was still trying to beg them to let me go because I really love competing,” she said. I think it would be smart for me not to do what I was doing, but I can still enjoy the college experience and be with my team because I’ve had so much fun so far.

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form