Domingo reflects on the "difficult decision" to leave Creamline

featured image














Home > Sports



Syd Domingo wrote a farewell message to her former team at PVL Creamline on Instagram. (Photo: @clndmgo/Instagram)

MANILA – Cid Domingo has chosen a different path as she is set to return to the Philippines in the Premier Volleyball League (PVL) with the Akari Chargers.

The decision to leave the Creamline Cool Smashers was not an easy one, as Domingo parted ways with the club she helped win four PVL titles – twice in the Open Conference, once in the 2022 Invitational, and another in First All-Filipino in 2023.

The 2022 Invitational tournament may have been her best for Domingo, as she then won the Finals Most Valuable Player (MVP) award.

The multi-award winning midfielder had to leave Cool Smashers last October 2023 to play as an importer for Nakhon Ratchasima VC in Thailand.

“Leaving Creamline is always a difficult decision. That’s how I felt in October, when I presented Lalo Na Biglan Young Thailand, but I thought this opportunity doesn’t come along often so I took it,” Domingo said of her brief campaign in Thailand.

The difference this time is that you will now definitely see the Cool Smashers on the other side of the field.

“I have no regrets, because there are a lot of lessons learned here that I know I will cherish from this. And this time, another difficult decision to leave them for good. Honestly, management has always been very understanding and up until the last conversation I had with… [Creamline team manager] Sir Alan [Acero]”I still really feel that Kaya l will always have the utmost respect for the entire Creamline family,” she added.

Domingo is now looking forward to trying a new system in Philippine volleyball other than the Sherwin-Meneses system.

“It’s been a long time since lumipat has been on the team, so I’m very excited to experience a new system and environment. And knowing Coach Taka [Minowa] “He will be head of volleyball operations, and I know we will be in good hands,” the former UEFA star said.

On Instagram, she thanked her former team, and volleyball fans were quick to make positive comments about her decision.

“It’s been an amazing 5 years, Creamline! Beyond grateful to everyone! The coaches, my teammates, the management, the fans – as soon as I called my family and home. It was an honor to play alongside you all!! I will cherish everything forever. No goodbyes, just See you around.”

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form